Sunday 4 November 2012

Day 1

    So the first day was pretty good. I stuck to the plan amazingly. I had 3 egg, cheese omelette  for breakfast. Beef cheese soup I made yesterday and froze. I had a cheese string for snack while I was making dinner. I had med coffee from timmie's. I had 2 bottles of water, 2 green teas, and 3 coffee's from home. Dinner was ham roast, mashed potatoes and 2 pce of pineapple. I feel like crap thou part of it I have started a cold this morning with a sore throat and the other part is I'm going through withdrawals. I'm de carbing and I know this from the many times I have done Atkins  This time is different because I'm not going 100% carb free. I can still have fruit and dried fruit. When I start thinking about all the candy in the house I grab a handful of almonds and feel much better. I suspect 2 more days before the heavy carbs are out of my system and I start feeling great. I will especially be happy to get rid of the blood sugar spikes and dips. I passed out last week due to having some marshmallows  It brought my blood sugar up high then crashed fast and I passed out. Luckily it only lasted 30mins.

  Back to work Monday and I am going to be visiting Hamilton for the day. Unfortunately lunch is a pot luck I've decided aslong as I stay away from dessert like items I will consider it a success. Breakfast is going to be 2 egg and ham bites, lunch is the potluck, supper is going to be a frozen stir fry dinner I made yesterday. I'm going to bring 2 cheese strings and pepperoni's for snack just incase. I'm going to get a coffee on the way to Hamilton for the day but that will be the only one tomorrow. I'm going to bring a pop, water and some green tea bags with me. I will post tomorrow night how I've done.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn, just stopping by the blog. I'm glad you're starting one, I'm pretty new at it myself. My sister in Texas started baking gluten free recently, she is thinking about selling some cookies at the farmers market

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have trouble at potluck meals also. I like how you already know what you're going to eat tomorrow, that's smart to plan it out like that. I try and do that as much as possible too. Good luck at that lunch, you're on the right track.

    ReplyDelete